The Executive Committee is comprised of seven voting members: The President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and three Directors. The license trustee is a non-voting member of the Committee.
Keeping our club great takes a lot of work, and we have a highly-engaged membership. It’s important to note that while the members of the Executive Committee work very hard to keep this club running, they are not the only members who do so. Some of the members who go above and beyond are listed below.
Activities – directorship currently vacant.
- Special Events – responsible for organizing the club’s participation in special operating events, such as Field Day, State Parks on the Air, etc. Larry Shimerka, N8OWS heads up this committee, with assistance from Jim Tommer W8MIJ. David Andrzejewski, KD8TWG organizes Field Day.
- Social Events – hosts various non-operating events such as the holiday party and club picnic.
Education – reporting to director Matt Welch, W8DEC:
- Amateur Radio Classes – teachers include Larry Shimerka, N8OWS, David Andrzejewski, KD8TWG, Matt Welch W8DEC, with help from other members, including Bill Hess, K8SGX and Dennis Teague, WB8DT.
- VE Team – Jackie Williams, N8JMW heads up a Laurel VE Team and organizes the exam sessions. The club sponsors this team.
- Outreach – Sally Dawson, N1BCF is responsible for club promotions and outreach.
- Finance Committee – chaired by the club Treasurer, Linda Bowen, WB8QLT.
- Bylaws Committee – advises and makes recommendations on changes to the club’s Bylaws, chaired by David Andrzejewski, KD8TWG.
- Membership Committee
Secretary – Larry Shimerka, N8OWS. He is an officer on the Executive Committee.
License Trustee for K8WHB – Neal Fenster, NF1X. Neal is responsible for ensuring proper use of the club call sign, as well as any dealings with the FCC with regard to the call sign.
Vice President – Jim Tommer, W8MIJ. handles the President’s duties when the President is unavailable, acts as the club’s Parliamentarian, and is responsible for finding interesting speakers for the monthly membership meetings.
President – Chairs the Executive Committee, presides at meetings and performs other customary duties of the office of president. Currently held by David Andrzejewski, KD8TWG. Dave is also the webmaster, and any problems with this site are his fault.