GARA members are who keep our club great. Below are a few who go above and beyond.
Activities – reporting to director Lee Koroshes, KD8UAP:
- Special Events – responsible for organizing the club’s participation in special operating events, such as Field Day, State Parks on the Air, etc. Larry Shimerka, N8OWS heads up this committee, with assistance from Jackie Williams N8JMW. David Andrzejewski, KD8TWG organizes Field Day.
Education – reporting to director Megan Parsons, WB8IXZ:
- Amateur Radio Classes – teachers include Larry Shimerka, N8OWS, David Andrzejewski, KD8TWG, Matt Welch W8DEC, Jackie Williams N8JMW, with help from other members, including Bill Hess, K8SGX and Dennis Teague, WB8DT.
- Jackie Williams, N8JMW heads up our VE Team and organizes the exam sessions.
- Promotions – Sally Dawson, N1BCF is responsible for club promotions.
Operations – the following committees report to director Bill Hess, K8SGX, director of operations:
- Finance Committee – chaired by the club Treasurer, an officer on the Executive Committee, Linda Bowen, WB8QLT, maintains the club’s budget and advises the Executive Committee on dues.
- Bylaws Committee – advises and makes recommendations on changes to the club’s Bylaws, chaired by David Andrzejewski, KD8TWG.
- Membership Committee – chaired by Jackie Williams, N8JMW.
Secretary – Larry Shimerka, N8OWS. He has the fastest pencil, and is an officer on the Executive Committee.
License Trustee for K8WHB – Neal Fenster, NF1X.
Webmaster – David Andrzejewski, KD8TWG.
Vice President – handles the President’s duties when the President is unavailable, acts as the club’s Parliamentarian, and is responsible for finding interesting speakers for the monthly membership meetings. Currently held by David Andrzejewski, KD8TWG.
President – Chairs the Executive Committee and presides at meetings and performs other customary duties of the office of president. Currently held by Matt Welch, W8DEC.